Monday, October 1, 2007

To Get or not to Get

Is that the question? We tried to conquer when to use get and when not to, in this English exercise. Here are some of our students' results:

How Svetlana Got to Italy (and how she wished she hadn't!)
It was October,1999. I was walking along the Nevskiy Prospect, the main street of Saint Petersburg.It was getting dark. Suddenly, I saw the neon sign:"Job Recruiting in Italy". At once I imagined a hot country, fruit trees, blue sky. It was fall in Saint Petersburg. I got advice from an agency to help me move to Italy. In the end I left my good job, my friends and my family. I guess I was stupid when I made the decision to come here. Now I am sorry that I came!!!!




"Nidia Gets Married"
When we got married, we didn't have a honeymoon trip or a party.But that afternoon we and our friends went to the beach to celebrate our wdding.There, we got lunch. In spite of the fact that didn't have money, we were getting happier and happier.




"Flavio's Accidental Job"
One day, one of my friend got a call from a important company. They wanted to offer him a job, after a short interview. The location for the interview was near my home. I offered to go with him. We got there, i saw it was a group interview and i asked id i could partecipate as well, even i wasn't on the candidate list. After a few days, i got a phone call from the company: i was hired!

No comments: